Our email hosting service is powered by Rackspace's enterprise-level email platform.
Premium email packs a complete personal information management system into a compact, easy-to-use interface. Business email users have different needs and requirements than personal users. Email clients like Gmail® or Yahoo® are great for staying in touch with friends and family, but when your business relies on email, you need more.
For your users
- Access to mail, calendar, contacts, tasks, and notes from one webmail application
- Use our easy webmail client or a desktop client, like Outlook®, Mac Mail or Thunderbird®
- Access mail on your iPhone®, Android®, Windows® Phone or BlackBerry® device
- Optional Mobile Sync for Hosted Email
- View/share/edit users’ calendars in webmail
- Share webmail calendars outside of your domain with iCal® support
- Easy, user-controlled undelete feature in webmail recovers purged email for up to two weeks
- Maintain and track task lists in webmail
- Create group contacts lists in webmail
- Company-wide contact lists in webmail
- Up to 25GB mailboxes
- 50MB attachments (about 500 JPEG images)
- Mail filtering controls and enhanced searching in webmail
- Optional email password synced with Active Directory® login
For your IT department
- Easy, web-based control panel administration
- Redundant, clustered server pairs
- SSL encryption available
- Add/delete/restore mailboxes from control panel
- Desktop client compatibility
- User ability to undelete purged email
- Domain & mailbox-level spam and virus filters
- Optional email archiving service
- Optional Active Directory synchronization
Your email should be infinitely scalable. The ability to add or remove mailboxes, handle jumps in email traffic, and send and receive on demand are integral elements of what you get with our email service from Rackspace.
- Plan for Your Expansion
Whether you’re adding 5 or 5,000 mailboxes, Rackspace has the system architecture in place to scale to your needs. How? Utilizing advanced software design and servers in multiple data centers feature massive amounts of excess capacity. And, you can add or delete right from the control panel.
- Plan for Traffic Spikes
When email traffic spikes, you won’t miss a message because your server chokes on the increased volume. Load-balanced, clustered, single-purpose servers support inbound and outbound traffic. On demand reserve server capacity to manage message volume.
- Plan for Accessible Email
Your mail data lives on servers with an identical twin. In case of an outage or disaster, you have two live copies of mail data immediately available and an offline backup. Rackspace's servers sense failures and quickly divert traffic to the operational twin server.
Spam filtering and virus protection
With our email on Rackspace's platform, you get exceptional support and affordable, feature-rich business email and the strongest threat detection structure in the industry. They combined the best threat scanning capabilities with industry leaders in spam and virus protection. Before a message enters your mailbox, it undergoes four independent, threat blocking scans:
- Threat Blocker #1: Gatekeeper Scan
Gatekeeper scans to evaluate a message’s compliance with rigorous, internationally recognized technical standards. Messages are also checked against aggregated blacklists of known spam offenders.
- Threat Blocker #2: Message Sniffer
Utilizing user feedback and enhanced pattern matching, Message Sniffer annihilates over 98% of spam in real time.
- Threat Blocker #3: Cloudmark Advanced Fingerprinting
Combining advanced message fingerprinting and the Global Threat Network, Cloudmark’s comprehensive system not only stops spam and phishing attempts; it also accurately identifies and annihilates viruses.
- Threat Blocker #4: Clam AV
Incorporating a three-layer virus scan on all incoming messages, Clam AV targets deceptive measures senders use to mask viruses, compares the message against known virus definitions, and evaluates attachments for possible viruses.
Maintaining this comprehensive level of threat protection could cost you thousands of dollars a month to maintain. As a our customer, these protections are free with every mailbox you add.
At this time Rackspace does not offer encrypted storage of emails so it is not HIPPA compliant.