Recently we were contacted by Rangeley Lakes Heritage Trust or RLHT for short. They were looking to spruce up their current website. After looking the current website over, we felt that it would take an equal amount of time to make changes to the current site as it would to start over with a fresh design. Starting fresh really opens things up and does not limit you creatively to work within the old design. As with many of our new websites lately, this one will be mobile friendly through responsive design. Below are the goals we are going to accomplish for them.
Goals of the Project
- Provide a design that captures the beauty and essence of the Rangeley area.
- The design must be modern and eye-catching.
- The design must be mobile friendly and use a responsive design to ensure that the website displays correctly in all devices.
- It will need to incorporate a calendar for events.
- Make the ways people can donate more prominent to encourage visitors to do it.
- The best way to show off the area is with good photography and videos, so we think a picture/video gallery would be a good idea.
- Overall the design must remain functional and easy to navigate.
Screenshots of Current Site
Basic interior page-